MySQL is a free open source relational database management system that uses Structured Query Language (SQL). It powers web-based, custom and embedded database applications. Top web giants such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter prefer to use MySQL over other databases due to its security, reliability, speed and affordability. Python, based in Stratford-upon-Avon, uses MySQL because it is highly scalable, efficient, and performs wonderfully. The many advantages MySQL has over other databases has made it a popular choice for the management of databases amongst many.
What is MySQL?
Some of the top features of MySQL include its platform independence, ease of use, compatibility with database systems, high speed, security and flexibility. Furthermore, It is open source, which allows anybody to download and use it for free. Our developers at Python have been using MySQL for database management needs and think it to be best performing and most reliable system of its kind.
In this blog, we take a look at the top features of MySQL and what they achieve for you.
MySQL has a client/server system and not a file server system like dBase and Microsoft Access. This difference helps it to handle large number of users without impacting its performance.
Features of MySQL
MySQL is a top database management system developed by Oracle Corporation that is known for its scalability and platform independence. It is widely used around the world by many due to its capability to manage vast amounts of data.
MySQL has other valuable features as well as those mentioned, which our development team at Python has presented below in detail.
- Scalability: It allows you to manage large databases and users without an issue. It can accommodate databases with millions of records without impacting its performance. Its scalability and high performance are extremely useful features for those managing very large databases.
- Platform Independent: It gives you the flexibility to work on a number of platforms.
- Client/Server System: It uses a client/server system that allows it to communicate with the server to perform queries, save changes, and so on.
- Ease of Use: You can begin using MySQL with just the basic knowledge of SQL.
- Compatibility: MySQL uses SQL, a standardised language used for storing and managing data in databases. MySQL is compatible with many database systems such as Oracle.
- MySQL & PHP: When PHP and MySQL are combined, you get the benefit of working flawlessly across different platform. MySQL works under various operating systems, including OS X, Microsoft Windows, and Linux.
- Speed: MySQL is fast even when it is handling tons of data and large amounts of users. It is known for its reliability and high performance.
- Security: It has host-based verification, and a secure password system that is encrypted every time you enter a password meaning all clients can feel comfortable when inputting data.
- Flexibility: MySQL works wonderfully with a large number of embedded applications, making it a flexible system to work with.
MySQL – Database Management in Stratford-upon-Avon
There are a number of other features of MySQL that are worth mentioning. It is an ACID-compliant database with rollback and crash recovery so that you know your data is always safe. It also offers low-level locking capabilities for further safety.
Furthermore, It allows the use of a variety of database drivers and visual tools to help developers build and manage MySQL applications. Our developers at Python have been using MySQL for years for their data management needs as it is a high performing system which allows us to manage data affordably thereby allowing us to offer our services to clients at lower costs. Needless to say that MySQL comes with many excellent features that make our job easier and so it does for millions of others around the world.
Hi, I am Jack Waterfield. Creative Director at WE ARE PYTHON. I am confident, creative and outgoing with very strong knowledge and experience in online marketing and design. I love new and exciting projects and working with like-minded individuals in planning and producing strong, successful campaigns. I have great experience with web and graphic design, visual arts, management and team leadership.
Mail: [email protected]