WordPress is a popular open-source content management system (CMS) used for creating blogs, websites, and even applications. This free service is used by over 24% of web users due to its flexibility and excellent features. Python, based in Stratford-upon-Avon has a deep knowledge of WordPress and other content management systems such as Drupal and Joomla due to our work in designing and developing powerful websites for our clients. Here are some much-loved features of WordPress that have made it one of the top CMSs available today:
- Fully customisable
- Multiple user support
- Images and videos integration
- Search engine optimisation
- Theme templates
- Thousands of widgets and plugins
With the help of WordPress, a novice can create a basic website or blog in minutes whereas a developer can use it as a base to build highly customised websites. It offers easy-to-understand interface and tools, designed for simple and flexible use and management. As Python designs and develops customised websites for businesses and individuals, we thought it would be helpful to share important information on WordPress – one of the top CMS in the market.
What is WordPress?
There are not many who are unfamiliar with the name WordPress. More than 24% of the web uses it for building websites, blogs, and even portals and applications. But to know why WordPress is so popular, we need to take a look at what it does for you. WordPress is a content management system started in 2003. It offers all the tools and mechanisms for hosting a blog or a website. Professionals, hobbyists and businesses all around the world use it to run their websites. Python, based in Stratford-upon-Avon, has been using WordPress since its early days for creating strong websites for clients. Since WordPress is open-source, which means that anybody can make changes in its structure and design, it costs nothing to use it.
Why use WordPress?
- Fully Customisable – Being open-source, its code can be altered as desired to get customised websites or blogs.
- Easy to Use – It doesn’t take long even for a non-technical person to start a blog or a website using WordPress. It has a simple interface yet fully loaded with all the features you need for easy content management.
- Multiple User Support – You can, as the owner, give rights to multiple people to access your website. Administrators, editors, authors and contributors can have different access restrictions, allowing effective management of users and their access rights.
- Images and Videos – Content is usually adorned with pictures and/or videos. You can easily upload images and videos to your content to make it more attractive and useful to your readers.
- Search Engine Optimised – WordPress allows basic SEO such as meta tags, meta description, link building, and keywords. There are various SEO plugins with superior capabilities that you can use for improved SEO on a WordPress blog or website.
- Theme Templates – Getting the theme for your WordPress website is as easy as clicking on the theme template you like. With thousands of theme templates to choose from, you can easily pick the theme of your liking, or upload your own.
- Thousands of Plugins and Widgets – To add more features to your website, you have access to thousands of plugins and widgets. That helps to get exactly the look and functionality you want in each page of your website.
Along with these, some of the other useful features of WordPress, include multilingual support, easy installation and upgrades, enhanced security, built-in comment facility, scheduling, embedding of media, and community support. To run WordPress, your host needs to support PHP version 7 or greater, MySQL version 5.6 or greater or MariaDB version 10.0 or greater, and HTTPS support.
Python – WordPress Web Developers Based in Stratford-upon-Avon
WordPress powers over 23% of the top 10 million websites. It offers freedom and flexibility to average users, designers and developers. Being simple enough for a novice and yet offering enough to a seasoned developer, WordPress is a top content management system in the market today.
Python at Stratford-upon-Avon has built many successful websites on WordPress and understands the potential of its capabilities. Its flexibility allows us to design and develop highly customised websites for our clients without worrying about how they will manage it later. By building upon and tweaking the WordPress code, developers at Python, Stratford-upon-Avon have been developing exceptional websites that give more. With free content management systems such as WordPress, businesses can have highly customised websites without spending a fortune.
Hi, I am Jack Waterfield. Creative Director at WE ARE PYTHON. I am confident, creative and outgoing with very strong knowledge and experience in online marketing and design. I love new and exciting projects and working with like-minded individuals in planning and producing strong, successful campaigns. I have great experience with web and graphic design, visual arts, management and team leadership.
Mail: [email protected]